Could Beer Brewed With Wind Power Help Save the Planet?

Reed, S. (2019, May 12). Could Beer Brewed With Wind Power Help Save the Planet? Retrieved November 11, 2019, from https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/12/climate/renewable-wind-solar-energy.html.

Anheuser Busch has recently decided to implement electric power in their beer production centers. In essence, Budweisier beer is produced from power sourced by wind. The beer powerhouse hired “Enel Green Power” to contract the wind farm. By storing lots of energy, the company is able to combat increasing energy prices with multiple wind turbines.

Wind energy is useful because it supplies energy 24/7. Even when the Budweiser factories close, the wind turbines are always running, and storing excess energy for the future. I like how Busch has started this new form of energy production, because it has various benefits for the environment (renewable), and attracts more workers and investors. I am overall pleased with their wind farms, because they replace using fuels that can emit too much Carbon into the atmosphere. 

3 thoughts on “Could Beer Brewed With Wind Power Help Save the Planet?

1. I think this could be very beneficial if many factories began using these techniques. Factories use a large amount of power and emit a large number of pollutants. This could reduce pollution in a major way.

2. This is a really interesting decision by Anheuser Busch, and it seems both economical and environmental. As energy becomes harder to produce as we run out of resources, I think more factories will likely start utilizing and storing wind energy in the same way.

3. I found it kind of funny that they’re attracting people to windmills with how beer is made. It is a really good alternative considering it doesn’t release much carbon into the atmosphere.