Tenaska secures financing for 250-MW Nobles 2 wind farm in Minnesota.

Staff, W. P. E. D. (2019, November 6). Tenaska secures financing for 250-MW Nobles 2 wind farm in Minnesota. Retrieved November 11, 2019, from https://www.windpowerengineering.com/tenaska-secures-financing-for-250-mw-nobles-2-wind-farm-in-minnesota/.

Independent energy company, “Tenaska” just recently closed $158 million financing for Nobles 2 wind project in Minnesota. The project has raised $17.2 Billion dollars worth of capital. The project will eventually boost the economy in southwest Minnesota, hoping to hire over 200 workers to supply the farm, and provide opportunities for local businesses to promote the project. In addition, the project will increase local governmental tax revenue, beginning this past August. Tenaska plans on making more wind farms in Missouri and Minnesota in the future. 

I was very surprised, and stunned by how much capital was raised for this project. I had not previously realized how expensive a wind farm can be, but after judging the benefits of the project, I have learned that the costs do in fact hold eventual benefits for the economy of rural towns in the United States, such as Nobles Minnesota. To conclude, I am pleased with Tenaska’s plans because their power can aid in powering thousands of households in the United States, and also large companies that need the power. 

5 thoughts on “Tenaska secures financing for 250-MW Nobles 2 wind farm in Minnesota.

1. I think that it’s cool how much energy and capital windmills can bring. Hopefully since this project was so successful other windmills can be constructed throughout the country.

2. Windmills have been a great source of renewable energy for places that don’t have rivers or other energy options. I also understand that it can be hard to implement this type of production on a large urban scale. Do you think there are other renewables that are better for more populated areas?

3. It is incredible how much money was raised for this renewable recourse and shows how much people are invested in bettering the environment. It also highlights on what can be the future for mid west countries and boosting their economy.

4. I agree that windmills are an efficient source of energy, but they are not fully reliable because of shifts in season causing less wind or other environmental shifts. I wonder how we can make wind energy more reliable in the future?

5. I would say that anything that it but safe for the people and is able to bring money for the people is a win win situation. What i am wonder now is that would or could we try to renovated renewable resources like wind and solar power to have a better and much less damaging life with the environment in the future?