Adopt a topic

U.S.News. (2020 january 13). U.S. Coal-Fired Power Plants Closing Fast Despite Trump’s Pledge of Support for Industry. Retrieved August 5, 2020, from https://www.usnews.com/news/top-news/articles/2020-01-13/us-coal-fired-power-plants-closing-fast-despite-trumps-pledge-of-support-for-industry

In the article ”U.S. Coal-Fired Power Plants Closing Fast Despite Trump’s Pledge of Support for Industry” it explains why the United states coal-fired power plants are being closed at a record pace. It goes on to note how much energy the coal plants produced and why it is in such a decline. The articles says the coal industry has been in steep decline for a decade due to solar and wind energy. Also it states people are concerned over coal’s contribution to climate change. Its last important note is about trump, who is trying to revive the coal industry to fulfill his pledge to voters 

I believe this article to be positive in the sense that it talks about how coal mines all over the country are closing and how its bound to have positive affects for climate change.But at the same time I feel the article is very political and talks more about todays president. My reaction to this articles is one of uneasy and caution. As you and I are aware, that any political talk can be read as to harsh or one sided and that a person can infer the wrong idea, and suddenly your “cancelled” or bound to relentless hate and anger. Never the less in my opinion i believe the coal mines closing can only have positive effects for our struggling planet. I believe that this article is relevant to environmental science because the closing of the mines will decrease the CO2 emmisions and overall put less green house gases in the atmosphere. Furthermore one negative effect of the closing of multiple mines is that people will lose the jobs, which will effect the economy and might of some environmental repercussions.

2 thoughts on “Adopt a topic

1. I agree I think for the environment, the reduction of running coal mines will be very beneficial in reducing the number of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere. It’s unfortunate that this positive impact also leads to a negative impact on the workers because they’re losing their jobs. Do you have any ideas on how these workers should continue to support themselves?

• Thank you for your awesome comment. to answer your question maybe the government can provide the workers with the option to work at the dams or solar wind farms