Trump Inaccurately Claims California Is Wasting Water as Fires Burn

Summary: This article described a dispute between Donald Trump and Cal Fire. Trump believed that the water used to fight the fires was being misused. He was confused because the issue he was actually commenting on was between farmers and environmentalists. He felt that a comment was necessary to show that he was current on these issues. Unfortunately he was not, and it resulted in a lot of backlash. One positive thing that came out of this was recognition of water rights and their importance to our state. Trump may have been mistaken, but he was properly taking care of what he thought was a massive issue. 

Reaction: This article was not a normal article for me. This was the political side of this issue and it brought up a lot of thoughts in my head. I wonder how much control the government has over state water rights and how hard it can be to get these laws changed or overturned. I noticed in this article that it was bashing Trump for his comments. He may have been under informed on the issue, but he was standing up for the environment and the water usage in California.

3 thoughts on “Trump Inaccurately Claims California Is Wasting Water as Fires Burn

1. I think it’s troubling that Trump is under informed about environmental issues. Our president should be able to comment knowledgeably about these issues… so embarrassing.

• Very true. I found this article very satirical. It was one of the few articles I was able to find, and unfortunately it was over a tweet of all things. It is important to know that he is under-informed, but we also can understand that he at least cares.

2. Would you say the now in days what happens in the environment effects in how much money the government gives to help out and fix the issues we have currently today? Something that caught my attention was that Trump right to be in the same page but wasn’t in the same page and how many of the things he said prevouise about the climate and how he is try to at least get to know a way about these types of fires can easily go bad. overall i really like how there was another side of it in trump trying to be inform.