Should California Classify Nuclear Power as Renewable?

This article shows how  nuclear power is an important component of generating large-scale electricity that’s good for the environment. It discusses how this bill is still in the works and has no certainty of being passed. The article also added  that the site may remain open past 2025 if PG&E are able to call the energy produced on this nuclear power plant “renewable”.

This article shows that nuclear energy is a very effective source of energy and the industry could see a major increase in this use if the bill is passed in California. If enough people switch to using nuclear energy, California can be a safer and better place. I believe nuclear power is the best way to not only save the environment but also preserve our natural resources and promote trade in the economy.

2 thoughts on “Should California Classify Nuclear Power as Renewable?

1. I do agree with you on the idea that we need nuclear energy because it is completely renewable and aside from what many people believe, it is the second safest energy source behind wind. One question I have is how can we get people to see the realities of nuclear energy, instead of just thinking of Chernobyl or Fukushima?