New Advances in Biofuel in the Glassware Industry

“World’s Most Sustainable Glass Bottles Created in Ground-Breaking Biofuel Trial.” Renewable Energy Magazine, 8 Feb. 2021, www.renewableenergymagazine.com/biofuels/20210208

The article talks about recent innovations in the glassmaking industry. Encirc, a glass container company experimented making 100% recycled glass bottles using only biofuels to run the operation. Under these standards the company was able to achieve a net-zero amount of carbon emissions. Lastly, the article talks about how significant this is for the industry and how it is a great first step towards carbon neutrality.

Reading this article I was very thrilled to see a very efficient use of biofuels. It is important for more industries to make an effort to be completely carbon neutral and sustainable. By undergoing this project and proving that this can be done in the glassware industry the company has set a great precedent for fellow glass corporations. Going into the future I hope to see more glassware companies use biofuels, I think this is a great application for the technology because all of the infrastructure is ready for these companies to approach a carbon free world.

2 thoughts on “New Advances in Biofuel in the Glassware Industry

1. I find this to also be a very positive thing that there is a movement in this direction of carbon neutrality. On the other hand, is the glassware industry that negative in the first place? What is the carbon output of that industry without the use of biofuels?

2. These discovery is great because it opens up doors and could be a gateway for more innovation and ideas that can help with climate change. I had the same concerns as the previous comment, for as great as this is, it doesn’t seem all that impressive or impactful. Are there any new developments that have sprung from this?