Wetlands Restoration Project taking shape along Lakeshore

Eric Peterson, F. O. X. 11 N. (2021, August 9). Wetlands restoration project taking shape along the lakeshore. WLUK. https://fox11online.com/news/local/wetlands-restoration-project-taking-shape-along-the-lakeshore. 

In Manitowoc county, a wetlands restoration project is underway. The land was originally owned by the Henry family, who, a few years ago, donated the land to the Woodland Dunes Nature Center. After observing the land for a couple years, the Department of Natural Resources Wisconsin Wetland Conservation Trust, who oversaw the project, restored the land to its original state. The land is still not available for public use, however in just a couple years it should be completely public.

The article explained how a project that was meant to restore wetlands in Wisconsin was going. The article explained the process of the restoration and the current state that the restoration was in. This article showed a way in which we can restore wetlands. My reaction to the article was impressed by the generosity of the family that donated the land. It showed me that there are still people out there that care for the environment and are willing to make the necessary changes to aid the environment.

4 thoughts on “Wetlands Restoration Project taking shape along Lakeshore

1. Interesting how that family donated the land; and to a good cause. I feel they could have sold the land to a corporation that would have destroyed the habitat with irreversible damage. Hopefully, more people step up like the henry family.

• Thanks for your comment. I completely agree with you; it’s very important that people choose to do what’s best for the environment.

2. I read about similar “small wins” in my articles. Although these positive situations are rather small scale, It is not only an advertisement for others to put their money into a good cause, but when we compile all of these “small wins” we really start to experience change. How do you feel about these sorts of donations and do you believe in the small win cause.

• Thanks for your comment. I also think that change can start on a smaller scale. Often times big movements started with small individual actions.