The Future of Nuclear Power in a Low-Carbon World

Blatt, J. (2023, June 20). The future of nuclear power in a low-carbon world. National Academies. https://www.nationalacademies.org/news/2023/06/the-future-of-nuclear-power-in-a-low-carbon-world

For a while now our country has been using nuclear energy for electricity. But at the same time, it is very expensive to build a nuclear power plant in a country. But with the new generation, people are thinking of a smaller option of nuclear energy that will be the same as a power plant that they do not need to spend a lot of money on. 

This article gave me a spark that our country has been using nuclear energy for electricity and also with how expensive it is they are trying to find an alternative to it. With that people that want to make nuclear power plants, they are finding ways for the construction to not be expensive and for less work. 

One thought on “The Future of Nuclear Power in a Low-Carbon World

1. I think that nuclear power really is the future of sustainable energy, so I’m really happy to see that people across the globe are working hard to make it more affordable. Do you think that these efforts will encourage more countries to embrace nuclear energy? There’s a widespread belief that nuclear power is simply too dangerous, thanks to nuclear disasters like Chernobyl and Fukushima, but this makes me wonder if the lower cost will tip enough people in favor of it.