Clean energy investment is starting to flow, but imbalances point to continued risks ahead.

IEA.(2023). Clean energy investment is starting to flow, but imbalances point to continued risks ahead. Retrieved August 20th, 2023, from https://www.iea.org/reports/world-energy-investment-2023/overview-and-key-findings 

Global energy investment is picking up, outpacing fossil fuel investments three to one. If this clean electrification continues to grow at the same rate since 2021 then electrification will exceed the required levels of the world’s climate pledges. However, investments in expanding grids are lagging behind. Producers need to watch the ways clean electrification demands for fuels in power generation, and also for heat and mobility. Scaling up investment instruments and mobilizing greater support from development finance will be critical to the continuation of clean energy transitions.

I loved reading this good news on our world’s journey to clean energy and no more climate change. It made me wonder how are ways that everyday citizens can help. And it made me think about how big this problem really is. I really only hear people talking about climate change being very bad and that there is no hope. After reading this article I now have hope that we will be able to fix this big problem.