The Future of Nuclear Power in a Low-Carbon World

Blatt, J. (2023, June 20). The future of nuclear power in a low-carbon world. National Academies. https://www.nationalacademies.org/news/2023/06/the-future-of-nuclear-power-in-a-low-carbon-world

Our country has been using nuclear energy for electricity for a while now. But at the same time, building a nuclear power plant in a country is costly. But with the new generation, \people are thinking of a smaller option of atomic energy that will be the same as a power plant that they do not need to spend much money on. 

This article gave me a spark that our country has been using nuclear energy for electricity, and with how expensive it is, they are trying to dfind an alternative. People who want to make nuclear power plants are finding ways for the construction to not be costly and for less work.

2 thoughts on “The Future of Nuclear Power in a Low-Carbon World

1. Eddie- You’ve got one of my favorite topics. I look forward to watching your opinion evolve on nuclear as you learn more. Right now, what do you think? Should the country use less nuclear power, like your abstract suggests people want to do?

2. I think it would be good to use another alternative power source but at the same with the cons that is has like toxic waste that is a release I think they should use something else that could be more beneficial to our environment but with also the other abstract it also said that it cost a lot of money to make them so why should we be wasting money on them and just find another power source