Tiny Particles increasing Heart Attacks

A new study in California has linked tiny particles released from cars being inhaled to deaths by way of heart attacks. These scary findings raise consumes of ultrafine particles which are so microscopic that they easily pass through the bloodstream and into the brain and important organs. The study that was conducted concluded that those living near traffic are more prone to being affected by these ultrafine particles. It is important to remember to stay off of major roadways such as those in downtown Los Angeles as they give off some of the world’s most polluted air.

While it is obvious that major roadways give off the most pollution and hurt the environment most critically, I never fully realized the true danger that standing on a major roadway can elicit. This will make me more cautious when I am near a busy street. It is especially scary because of how fine the particles being accidentally consumed are and how they can easily travel into your bloodstream and critical organs. This study further goes to show how dangerous air pollution is and all the negative affects it has on humans.

3 thoughts on “Tiny Particles increasing Heart Attacks

1. This is both interesting and disturbing, i never realized that such particles could cause so much harm. I was wondering what type of particles these were and what were they made of. also you never addressed how they actually cause heart attacks.

2. This article is informative and shows how modern day vehicles can affect the population and cause harmful disease and eventually kill us. This poses the question, How will we change this? or How many people have these cars already killed?

3. This is disturbing yet interesting. Do you think with this recent knowledge car companies will work on creating cars that do not release these particles? or that release less of them?