Effects Fell Through The Food Chain

Rotting vegetation and erupting volcanoes release certain chemicals that can cause acid rain, but most acid rain falls because of daily human actions. The burning of fossil fuels by coal-burning power plants, factories, and automobiles has the biggest effect. When humans burn fossil fuels those chemicals react with water. Winds spread these acidic solutions across the atmosphere. When acid rain reaches the earth, it flows across the surface and enters waterways sinking into the soil.

Because we have things such as cars and factories that give off so much pollution it makes it harder for us to have clean air. When these toxic chemicals get into the air it causes damage not only to plant and aquatic life but to humans as well. The air we breathe is polluted and people think that the smell we get after rain is cleaning of the air when in fact it’s the opposite.

Source: Society, N. G. (2016, September). Acid Rain Facts, Acid Rain Information, Acid Rain Pictures, Acid Rain Effects – National Geographic. Retrieved September 17, 2016, from http://environment.nationalgeographic.com/environment/global-warming/acid-rain-overview/

2 thoughts on “Effects Fell Through The Food Chain

1. I definitely think that acid rain is a problem to our environment and is sad to know that it is mostly caused by human action. Also, I was surprised to hear that the air after it rained is more polluted.

2. I found this quite interesting, I never really knew what caused acid raid and assumed that preventing acid rain was not in our control. I was shocked when I read that acid rain is caused by the pollution we put out into the environment. I think that we need to be more aware of our pollution and even have restrictions!