Power Plants Phase #2: United States

Cassell, B. (2016, November 14). Gas-fired power plants make progress in fall 2016. Electric

Light & Power. Retrieved November 20, 2016, from,

http://www.elp.com/articles/2016/11/gas-fired-power-plants-make-progress-in-fall-2016.html

This article consists of many project highlights that all discuss power plant issues and business affairs. One project highlight that stood out to me the most was the one about The Michigan Department of Environmental Quality. Last December 7, they proposed an “air permit for a new natural gas-fired combined-cycle electric power plant for Indeck Niles.” This plant will be featured with the latest technologies that employ higher temperatures to achieve optimal efficiency methods.

I think that this method with new technologies is very useful when it comes to taking forward steps in saving the environment. I think it is really cool to see power plants striving towards environmentally efficient methods, especially with the levels of air pollution the human race has caused. To be honest, I think that it takes a lot of money and work to achieve this, and not very many people will cooperate in taking these steps. However, I still think it can be done.

3 thoughts on “Power Plants Phase #2: United States

1. I understand your opinion that it will be difficult to attract people to supporting this step. How do you think we could convince people to do something more environmentally friendly, even if it is more expensive?

2. I agree with what you said about spending money on environmentally-conscious solutions often being an unappealing step to businesses. I wonder if raising the heat in the plant may cause higher health risks for the workers?

3. I agree with what you said about spending money on environmentally-conscious solutions often being an unappealing step to businesses. I wonder if raising the heat in the plant may cause higher health risks for the workers?