How to get rid of termites: Termite treatments, signs to know.

Chrissy Callahan (2018). How to get rid of termites: Termite treatments, signs to know. Retrieved from https://www.today.com/home/how-get-rid-termites-termite-treatments-signs-know-t140889 on 2018-11-17

Termites may seem to cause no signs of harm to humans or any other living creatures, however may wreak havoc on housing structures. In short terms, termites love wood; in fact, they thrive because of their invisibility through walls and easy reproduction strategies. A problem posed to humans by termites is their economic damages. Every year termite infestations can cause more than $5 billion in property damage, which in the worst-case scenario can collapse homes.

A small creature created from nature needs wood to survive. A seemingly small idea relates to environmental science because termites depend on the environment and interact with a community in order to survive. In the article, the interaction describes termites as a pest and humans the victim. In my opinion, although termites may be considered pests, their survival is fundamental in nature. They do not just destroy houses, they also decompose fallen dead trees, hastening nature’s duties. All in all, termites are beautifully destructive.

3 thoughts on “How to get rid of termites: Termite treatments, signs to know.

1. I love the last sentence of your abstract. You cover both the pros and cons to termites. Do you believe that it is okay to kill termites that are infesting houses and causing all of this damage?

2. I have always looked at the perpective of termites creating destruction and did not realize how they are actually benefiting our environment in a way. Do you think there is a way to stop termites from causing damage to homes and keep them in their area to decompose the dead trees?

3. I love the way you described hoodies. “Beautifully destructive” is a perfect way to describe it. I feel bad killing all the termites eating the structures of homes, but at the same time they are really annoying. I wonder if there is a way we can take the termites and move them to a different location, more suiting for them?