Tesla Faces Heavy Lift as Model 3 Enters Europe and China

D,Esha.(2019,February 11).Tesla Faces Heavy Lift as Model 3 Enters Europe and China.Retrieved February 16,2019, from https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2019-02-11/tesla-faces-heavy-lift-as-model-3-enters-europe-and-china

In the next few months, Tesla plans to bring their new electric car, the Model 3, to Chinese and European markets. Currently the automaker has been trying to manage demand domestically and just barely keeping up. Pushing their Fremont factory to its limits, the company is looking to make as many cars as possible cheaply. The automaker hopes that they will able to make a forward thinking car that someday nearly everyone will be able to afford. Though the company currently is struggling to make a profit, CEO Elon Musk seems to think they will turn things around.

This article relates to environmental science as transportation greatly affects emissions. Electric cars are thought to reduce emissions due to their much greater efficiency vs a traditional ICE car. Additionally, electric cars may have a great effect on the electrical grid due to their power demand. I think this is a good step for Tesla and the future of motoring in general. Electric cars don’t need to rely on nonrenewable, dirty gasoline as traditional ones do. The push to electric cars could help greatly stave off emissions in a time when that is becoming more and more necessary. Musk and Tesla should be applauded for their lofty goals.

3 thoughts on “Tesla Faces Heavy Lift as Model 3 Enters Europe and China

1. Since I recently bought a few shares of Tesla I could resist this one. We all want to see Tesla win, but they sure have hit some obstacles… struggling to meet demand has got to be better than struggling to get any demand at all. From reading your post I can tell you have a grounded perspective on transportion… I hope your topic kept you engaged this year. Thanks for all the reporting Edward!

• Thank you very much! Yes, it seems Tesla is going through an interesting period of growth, who knows where it will take them.

2. I also wrote an article on Tesla and I agree with you that they are a great solution to carbon admissions and transportation in the future. Hopefully more car companies will catch on to what Tesla is doing and start to mass produce their own electric cars.