India’s Hydroponic Farmers Are Building Businesses

Agritecture. (2019, October 21). India’s Hydroponic Farmers Are Building Businesses. Retrieved November 11, 2019, from https://www.agritecture.com/blog/2019/10/21/indias-hydroponic-farmers-are-growing-fresh-pesticide-free-produce.

There’s a company in India called Herbivore Farms who is growing their food hydroponically and selling a multitude of products.  This includes their food, hydroponic kits, and the idea that people can do this at home. The kits they sell have a varied range in price and size, but they all come with the proper equipment to create your own hydroponic farm at home.  The goal of Herbivore Farms is to spread their zero-emissions way of farming and enable the people of India to have easy access to good, high quality vegetables.  

A feeling of excitement came over me as I read this article.  From APES, we’ve learned about the costs of modern day agriculture and its effect on the environment.  This effectively removes all of those costs and leaves only the benefits behind. This company creating kits for people to make at home is, in my opinion, a really good idea.  India is facing many problems with starvation and allowing people to grow their own food at home will save countless lives. I hope this company expands both their farms and reach in order to help as many people as possible.

2 thoughts on “India’s Hydroponic Farmers Are Building Businesses

1. I think this is great, more developing nations should turn to alternative forms of agriculture to maintain their land. Although hydroponics isn’t perfect, it’s extremely beneficial and will be a great help to the people of this region.

2. I think that this is really cool as a means of food production and this initiative is a good step in the right direction to cut farming emissions.