Solar and Wind Preserve Ground Water

Solar and wind energy preserve groundwater for drought, agriculture. (n.d.). Retrieve from https://www.princeton.edu/news/2019/11/06/solar-and-wind-energy-preserve-groundwater-drought-agriculture.

A study conducted by Princeton University shows that solar and wind power also help to save water. More wind and solar power means that there is less reliance on hydropower. This switch can help to keep water in the ground, especially in times of drought. Preserving groundwater is only going to become more important as a growing population pulls from the same aquifers. 

In places like California where drought is very common Hydropower if often the solution. This should not be the case. The United States has a vast number of opportunities to install solar wind and even geothermal power. There is no reason why we should not be taking advantage of these renewable energy sources to build a better and more sustainable future for ourselves.

2 thoughts on “Solar and Wind Preserve Ground Water

1. I see the point you’re making, and I agree. I believe the United States is not doing as well as it could be when it comes to renewable energy. Hydropower itself is renewable, but it affects the flow of streams which negatively impacts the ecosystems reliant on rivers. Do you think states like California could transition from hydropower to better sources of power like solar and wind?

2. I agree with your point but would like to say that as a whole the United States could do a lot more to use more renewable energy. I believe that more wind and solar power means that there is less reliance on hydropower.