California Attorney General ‘Slams’ Trump Administration Plan to Sell Seven Oil and Gas Leases in Kern County

This article talks about how the BLM plan will bring more problems to California. Trump is ready to have more sections of land to get more oil. He is disregarding the fact that oil and gas spills can create huge problems. Trump and his administration need to see how more oil will contaminate the air and horrible for not only humans but also wildlife. Instead of opening acres of land, they need to realize we need to let the land be.

The community is trying to bring a message out for public land use but it’s kind of hard when Trump is ignorant when it comes to climate and wildlife. The BLM plan is producing more oil and gas leaks which overall impact more problems to California. I think with enough representatives in the community who care about environmental justice can help the climate from having drastic changes. 

4 thoughts on “California Attorney General ‘Slams’ Trump Administration Plan to Sell Seven Oil and Gas Leases in Kern County

1. This is an interesting situation given that BLM land is federal, and under the mgt of the USDA- regardless of what state it’s in. Be sure to include the citation for the abstract- I’m curious about when this was published. Perhaps with Biden taken over this will become a non-issue.

What do you think though- should the states have any say in how federal lands are managed in their states? I wonder about what advantages/disadvantages that would present.

• I think the states should definitely have a say because they are clearly in charge of their state. There for sure will be an advantage with it, but there will also be some cons with it ( everything has a pro and con)but at the same time, instead of Trump being in charge of the land I feel like the state itself will have a better impact on it.

2. I would have never correlated the BLM movement to an increase in gas and oil problems, and I am still a little confused as to how they do. Regardless, the ignorance in the Trump Administration clearly doesn’t help, and this ignorance spreads beyond this and will become detrimental. When this issue is extended what hele does it harm?

• Sorry if I didn’t make it clear but when I am talking about BLM, I don’t mean the Black Lives Matter movement. I am talking about the Bureau of Land Management. To go back to your question, I believe that it will harm many wildlife, our freshwaters, and many more.