30 Top Pros and Cons Of Ecotourism

“30 Top Pros & Cons Of Ecotourism.” E&C, 14 Dec. 2020, environmental-conscience.com/ecotourism-pros-cons/.

The following article I chose because I wanted to diversify all the information relating to ecotourism I had been using. There are both pros and cons as illustrated by the article above. Certain of those pros are how ecotourism can help maintain the natural environments in their natural state and be sustainable for the use of the resources used. In addition, it can preserve ancient knowledge and help explore new cultures. On the other hand, certain cons of ecotourism include the disturbance of wildlife or the environment if the people going do not handle the situation properly. In addition, traveling to those destinations could result in even more pollution for example riding on a plane to get to the desired location.

I think it is very important to consider both the negative and positive aspects of ecotourism and how it can not be a perfect solution for pollution and nature conservation. Although there are no doubt positive aspects we must consider the negative aspects and see if there are modifications we can include in order to remove some of these negative aspects. The ignorance in the caring for the environment by some of the guests could perhaps be solved by an education program and harsher rules and fines for disrupting the environment. Certain issues like littering could easily be solved by systems in place like that. Although it would not be able to solve every negative, it could still allow ecotourism to create an even better environmental impact.

2 thoughts on “30 Top Pros and Cons Of Ecotourism

1. I agree that ecotourism is not a 100% perfect idea. The question for me is more is it better than the alternative and what is the alternative? This is a very interesting topic I would love to do some more reading about!

2. I also think that increasing the fines and punishments to those who do not handle the situation properly would be a great solution. Do you think the pros outweigh the cons in this situation, or is it the other way around?