Global Ecotourism Market to Generate $103.8 Billion by 2027: AMR

Research, Allied Market. “Global Ecotourism Market to Generate $103.8 Billion by 2027: AMR.” GlobeNewswire News Room, “GlobeNewswire”, 18 Jan. 2021, www.globenewswire.com/news-release/2021/01/18/2160003/0/en/Global-Ecotourism-Market-to-Generate-103-8-Billion-by-2027-AMR.html.

The following article mentions the projected growth of ecotourism and the amount of profit generated. Ecotourism’s market was said to garner a staggering number of 92.2 billion dollars in the year 2019. From the year 2021 to the year 2027, there is a predicted increase of the compound annual growth rate of 2.5 percent. This would result in a large increase in profit resulting in a predicted increase to 103.8 billion dollars by the year 2027. Due to the pandemic, however, many tourism and transportation have been postponed or canceled as the deadly virus affects the safety of the locations. It is said that the United States would have the highest increase over that 6-year increase of 16.2% compounded annual growth rate.

The article mentions the whole ecotourism industry in a sort of business-style report which is an emotionless but logical approach. Although the audience is more structured for those interested in business, there was simply a focus on the profits gained, not the actual benefits of ecotourism. Although the act of ecotourism can generate profit, the main goal of the system is to minimize the impact on the environment whilst also contributing to the business that would aid in efforts for the betterment of the environment. The approach the article gives can also be considered a positive one that talks about the growth and therefore betterment of those involved to not only give jobs but also further projects in reaction. Therefore, I have mixed feelings about this article but do think it gives a good perspective for those wanting to see other’s viewpoint on ecotourism.

2 thoughts on “Global Ecotourism Market to Generate $103.8 Billion by 2027: AMR

1. I agree that reports with mainly numbers, strip away the emotion from the information, and thus it is harder to feel one way or another. I’m happy to hear that in general, trends over the years has led to increased ecotourism and thus, increased jobs. I’m not surprised that the pandemic has impacted this market so much because of travel restrictions. One question I have is: when are numbers expected to rebound from the pandemic and how has the annual growth been impacted?

2. I find the statistics to be a good way to get across the information because it is very straightforward. Since ecotourism pulls in close to 100 billion dollars and is supposed to continue to increase, I hope that money mainly goes to preserving and restoring ecosystems. Does the money go mainly to helping the environment, or if not, where does it go?