Kyle Laderman Per 3

“IEA Expects Global Biofuels Production to Rebound in 2021 @BiodieselMag.” Biodiesel Magazine – The Latest News and Data About Biodiesel Production, biodieselmagazine.com/articles/2517259/iea-expects-global-biofuels-production-to-rebound-in-2021. 

The biofuel industry took a strong hit during the Covid pandemic. Biofuel production went down a lot. People are expecting the industry to go back up to the way it was before the pandemic during this year. They are also expecting it to go even higher for years to follow if the industry gets better this year.

I think this is good to hear given that we need biofuel to stay relevant and to work out. If we don’t help the industry go back to normal then this may be bad for our future. I think we are in dire need of alternative energy and we need to focus on these other industries.

2 thoughts on “Kyle Laderman Per 3

1. Interesting. Did the article explain why biofuel production went down? That would be good to know. I can’t imagine the crops slowed their growth… assuming the fuel was from crops. After following this topic all year, I’m curious if you have a recommendation for what you think would be a good material for biofuel- so it’s sustainable, but doesn’t cause more habitat destruction to produce, or compete with food interests. Any thoughts on this Kyle?

Thanks for all your reporting on this for the class.

2. Wow I didn’t think the biofuel industry would have taken such a huge hit due to COVID. Why do you think this specifically happened? and what other industries might have taken a result this year due to covid?