Environmental Diseases from A to Z

NIH. (2021, August 13). Environmental Diseases from A to Z. Retrieved August 15, 2021, from https://www.ehso.com/environmentaldiseases.htm .

There are many diseases related to the environment that surround us and threaten us in our everyday life. These diseases’ causes range from air pollution from everyday lives to chemical exposure in work places. Humans are responsible for many of our sicknesses that are related to the environment as the cause for many of these diseases are from man-made toxins. These diseases can be avoided through careful and thoughtful control of our impact on the environment, and using our resources wisely to filter water, protect against the sun, stay healthy, etc..

This article was a great overview and introduction to environmental related diseases. It listed and explained many common diseases and how they are related to the environment. I felt pressure put on me and other humans to do better and work to avoid releasing toxins and pollution into the air. I wonder how many of these diseases would disappear and how much the world would change if people stopped polluting the air. I was especially interested in heart diseases and how it is not only bad eating habits or lack of exercise that may cause heart disease, but environmental chemicals also have a role. This article inspired, and in a way scared, me to help our world lower our emissions and other toxins that are being released into the environment.

2 thoughts on “Environmental Diseases from A to Z

1. I agree that we humans need to watch our contributions to environmental disease and toxins. I think that sometimes we don’t realize how much we affect species health and our own health with our actions. I believe that there should be laws in place to reduce the amount of green house gas emissions and to contain chemical exposure. What are some solutions that you would suggest?

• I agree with you that laws placed on reducing the amount of green house gas emissions and containing chemical exposure would be very helpful to reduce our exposure to toxins and diseases. I think that factories seem to be a big cause of these diseases and transitioning to more sustainable and less toxin admitting processes would reduce disease rates. Thank you for reading my post!