President’s Conservation Plan: Making It Happen for Wetlands.

May 14, 2. J. (2021, May 14). President’s Conservation Plan: Making It Happen for Wetlands. Retrieved August 21, 2021, from https://www.nrdc.org/experts/jon-devine/presidents-conservation-plan-making-it-happen-wetlands

This article talks about and analyzes a report made by the Biden-Harris administration: Biden-Harris Administration Outlines “America the Beautiful” Initiative. It summarizes the report and lists what it is trying to accomplish. They are trying to conserve 30% of natural resources by 2030. This goal is known as 30 by 30. Biden plans to undo Trump’s Dirty Water Rule which reduces wetlands by tens of millions of acres. The article also addresses the Clean Water Act made by the EPA that would further support wetland conservation and restoration and would improve watersheds.

I think the president’s new initiative is going in the correct direction by wanting to conserve wetlands. But I am wondering what is currently being done to move towards the goal since 2030 isn’t very far away. This article shed light on the solutions needed to happen to stop the depletion of wetlands and other natural resources. I hope that the government will try to conserve natural resources more seriously to slow down the Tragedy of the Commons.

3 thoughts on “President’s Conservation Plan: Making It Happen for Wetlands.

1. Uliana- I’m with you and must say I’m a big fan of wetlands… and I think that after the weather last week that led to so much flooding others are starting to question whether or not removing wetlands was such a good idea. Some see them as important habitat… but I would think insurance companies would start recognizing just how much money reestablishing wetlands could save them from preventing damage. You are right though- 2030 is right around the corner. Do you have ideas of how to speed up the reestablishment of wetlands (which is happening btw- not necessarily nationwide).

• Thank you for commenting on my post! I think the reestablishment of wetlands could be sped up by paying more attention to restoration and even the creation of new wetlands. Maybe also by providing more funds for restoration projects.