Natural Gases & Fracking

“U.S. Energy Information Administration – Eia – Independent Statistics and Analysis.” U.S. Oil and Natural Gas Production to Fall in 2021, Then Rise in 2022 – Today in Energy – U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA), January. 2021, www.eia.gov/todayinenergy/detail.php?id=46476. 

As the increase of years passes, the increase of production within the natural gases is produced, the increase of climate change also occurs. Statistics show that nearly 100 billion marketed natural gas was produced in 2021. Most people are blinded by the statistics and downsides to producing so much natural gas, and only see the benefits for example lower gas prices. Based off of the knowledge of the previous years of gas production, it is only reasonable to estimate that the numbers will go up unless laws are put into place controlling these numbers. It is also dangerous in terms of climate change and groundwater as it is harmful towards both. 

As I’m surprised with the high numbers with the natural gas production, Im also concerned with a solution that can help both the environment and the human civilizations. The most efficient way I believe that would help both would be to set laws in place to control the numbers, or to increase the price of gasses. The issues with both methods is that to put a law into place would mean many people have to agree which would be hard considering the selfishness of humans, and increasing the prices of gasses would make people upset and would eventually be changed. After seeing the statistics, I am at a loss of how we can fix our world while making everyone happy or if it is even possible.

One thought on “Natural Gases & Fracking

1. I agree that the government should create laws to limit fracking. I don’t think it will be that difficult to create better laws as the environmental impacts are already apparent. One question I want to ask is how fast is the environment worsening itself?