Get Rid Of Your Electronic Waste For A Good Cause At Bonita High

Nguyen, A. (2021, September 30). Get Rid Of Your Electronic Waste For A Good Cause At 

Bonita High. Patch. Retrieved January 14, 2022, from 

https://patch.com/california/claremont-laverne/get-rid-your-electronic-waste-good-cause-bonita-

high

Bonita High School is helping out the community by hosting an electronic waste recycling event during September and October. Los Angeles County residents have the opportunity to drop off old electronics at the school. The event will accept televisions, computers, laptops, monitors, smartphones, and tablets. Microwaves, refrigerators, batteries, lightbulbs, appliances, and furniture will not be accepted. The high school’s PTA will receive 10 cents for every pound collected during the event. 

I believe that small events like this are beneficial to the revival of our environment. Through occasions like these, electronic waste becomes less of a hazard to our society. E-waste contains numerous chemicals that are harmful to people and the environment such as mercury, lead, beryllium, brominated flame retardants, and cadmium. When electronics are mishandled during disposal, these chemicals end up in our soil, water, and air, which ultimately slowly destroys our environment.

4 thoughts on “Get Rid Of Your Electronic Waste For A Good Cause At Bonita High

1. This is a great way to get people to recycle their electronic waste. I think that MA could definitely do something similar. What is another way we could encourage people to recycle their E-waste?

• Thank you for commenting! Another way we could encourage people to recycle their E-waste is by promoting incentives, maybe an excused period? Or their pick of lunch?

2. I think that this little event is a great way to incentivize people to recycle their unused electronics and is something that I feel is very beneficial and underappreciated. Could something like this be organized at our school?

• Thank you for commenting! I believe if we pitch this idea to administration or even leadership then this could be organized at our school.