Seen from Space: Huge Methane Leaks.

The article talks about the European satellite which saw areas in Russia, USA, and parts of Asia that could help fight climate change due to its emissions of methane. The European satellite saw methane leaks in these 3 areas, and by these finds, we have the ability to reverse these areas that are emitting such methane levels. By reducing what is about 9 million tons of greenhouse gasses each year in these areas, we are able to take a step in the right direction and remove these natural gasses that are contributing to global warming. 

I am happy about the discovery of these high methane emitters as there is now a solid source to the high producers of natural gasses and think that someone must be held responsible and actions must be taken. I am however curious as to what actions can be taken to reverse these methane leaks, because the article mainly talks about how to prevent these methane emitters from happening in the future, but there is not much talk about what can be done to reverse the damages, Overall, I am grateful for these discoveries despite the lack of effort being done to reverse the natural gas damage because at the end of the day, we are able to prevent this from happening in the future, and have the technology to discover other high emitting natural gas sites.