Mining Fossil Fuels & Power Plants

Human  Rights Watch. (2022, August 29). Bosnia-and-herzegovina -deadly-air-pollution

-killing-thousands Retrieved August 28,2022 from https://www.hrw.org/news/2022/08/29/

Bosnia-and-herzegovina-deadly-air-pollution-killing-thousands

This article is about Bosnia and has affected many citizens and some tourists of the city. Due to heavy air pollution people have started to pass away due to high levels of toxic material from coal and other heavy smogs. And the surprising thing is according to the human rights watch this is happening right now. With all of these toxic fumes it has created a harder environment for humans and to be honest anything organic at all. 

How does this have anything to do with environmental science? Our goal is to protect our world. And we have fallen short and with that the loss of life has happened. Many adults and children have suffered from this. And has not only affected humans but everything that is organic. In my opinion we still have time and everything counts. 

4 thoughts on “Mining Fossil Fuels & Power Plants

1. As someone who focused on environmental related diseases, this did spark worry, I am wondering if we could create laws or regulations in order to bring down the levels of pollution since they are affecting the human population. I completely agree with what you had to say and hope we can move past that and provide a safe system we can use to avoid this issue.

2. How concerning it is to hear about such extensive pollution. I iagree with you in that we have fallen short in protecting our environment. Are there any actions being taken to stop this?