Immigration drove white, Asian population growth in US last year.

AP News. (2023, June 21)

https://apnews.com/article/census-race-estimates

Last year the United States had over 260 million people identify as white. Phoenix Arizona had the biggest jump in the white population of any state getting more than 35,000 knew my residence in the last year. Immigration also drove Asian population growth last year accounting for 2/3 of the 500,000 person increase. Many of the different populations have been growing due to birth, as well as immigration and migration.

This article shows various forms of data where the Asian community, as well as the Hispanic population, has grown more than combined by more than 1 million people last year. This is mainly because of people who have since come to the country have stayed in the census of what they identify as. Because of its identification, there has been a spike in each of these communities. The population in the United States total has grown by over 20 million people in the last year. Most of these migrations happened in California and in Texas various cities in different states also were a part of this huge spike in the country’s population.

4 thoughts on “Immigration drove white, Asian population growth in US last year.

1. These are very high increases in populations. And I was surprised to learn that Arizona is the state that increased its population the most. Do you think this population growth is sustainable in America? What is our carrying capacity?

• Hi there, thanks for your question! I think that the population growth in America can be sustainable but I feel as if our resources have depleted due to the decrease in farming, also according to EcoFuture the carrying capacity of the United States would be about 500 Million and currently, we are at 468 Million.

2. While it seems obvious now, I find it really interesting that immigration is counted as population growth, because I would’ve thought population growth is only counted by amount of babies per country. Is there more immigration than usual in America specifically this year? If so, why?

• Thanks for your questions! While I personally do not know the actual answer I’d like to think that because of COVID a lot more immigrants are finding themselves wanting to work in the United States. Also, there was a huge baby boom.