Ocean Acidifcation 4

Flores, M. (2023, June 8). Striving for a resilient ocean on World Ocean Day. Department of Ecology State of Washington. Retrieved August 16, 2023, from https://ecology.wa.gov/blog/june-2023/striving-for-a-resilient-ocean-on-world-ocean-day

Although ocean acidification isn’t visible to the naked eye, the impacts can be observed on the state of our coastal communities and marine life in the united states. Ocean acidification has proved to be quite dangerous to Washington State in particular because of its dependence on marine life. In 2018 the first-ever Ocean acidification monitoring program was released in the U.S, this was in response to the government making an effort to reduce gas emissions. 

The text highlights the vital role the ocean plays in sustaining life on Earth, regulating climate, and providing resources for various sectors like food, culture, and industry. The article discusses how the ocean absorbs carbon pollution, and the process that then leads to the increased acidification of the ocean. Making it a familiar topic of environmental science since it directly speaks about the ocean. I agree with the steps that the U.S government is taking to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, and I hope that this will become a synonymous process with all countries. 

One thought on “Ocean Acidifcation 4

1. I also hope that the US will be able to reduce greenhouse gas emissions. My only question is, do you think the US will be able to help reduce these emissions fast enough to prevent large scale damage to the ocean? What do you think about the US’s ability to speedily solve Ocean Acidification?