World Cleanup Day 2023 – Celebrating Successes

World Cleanup Day. (2023, November 14). World Cleanup Day 2023 – celebrating successes. Retrieved from https://www.worldcleanupday.org/post/world-cleanup-day-2023-celebrating-successes#:~:text=During%20the%20six%20World%20Cleanup,1.1%25%20of%20the%20global%20population.

World Cleanup Day has increased in size by 9 new countries and territories. The total is now up to 206 countries and territories and it is still growing. It gained 19.1 million volunteers this year. This event became the second-largest volunteer event ever and has gained government involvement to help increase help. 

I like this because it is bringing everyone together and to still have this giant organization expanding just means that there is more good to look forward to. Also, the inclusion of the government allows for this to become an even larger event and I believe they could also provide more money for more materials to make this event clean the environment even more.

One thought on “World Cleanup Day 2023 – Celebrating Successes

1. Reminds me of CA Coastal Clean Up Day. When is World Clean Up Day… I actually haven’t heard of that before, which makes me wonder how they are doing with marketing the event because of course I want to participate! To your point, if the govt can help promote this it could grow bigger and bigger. In concept the idea sounds amazing.

Did the article say where it started? Or what areas are being cleaned up? Is the US involved? Your abstract is only three sentences… I think you could add in more detail to be honest.

Just the same I appreciate your reporting on this topic this year. Hope it kept you interested, Ben.