Transportation

Lee, M (2014,December 2nd) State’s gasoline use is on the rise

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2014/dec/02/california-burns-more-gasoline/

California’s gas consumption is on the rise. California already uses more gasoline than other state. More and more highways are appearing all throughout California as more and more people crowd the busy roads. Starting next year fuel producers will have to buy pollution allowances to make up for the emissions from their products.

This article relates to environmental science because pollution from traffic is a huge problem in major cities throughout the United States. In cities like Los Angeles the pollution is literally visible in the air. I wasn’t surprised California uses the most gasoline considered how populated the cities are.

3 thoughts on “Transportation

1. I absolutely did not know California uses the most gasoline, and obviously it contributes to pollution. As human population increases, the amount of people in cities and the addition of pollution is gradually increasing. It is the transportation system that sparks pollution; what should we do as US citizens?

2. I have no problem believing that California uses the most gasoline because of our immense population, but I also am surprised that that number is lower because of California” incentive to decrease greenhouse gases along with using alternative energy.

3. I didn’t know California uses the most gasoline, however, I’m not surprised. Hopefully this new regulation will help reduce pollution, and if not, what else do you think we can do?