Smart Shower Head

(www.dw.com), D. W. (n.d.). The coolest green tech for 2016 | All media content | DW.COM | 07.01.2016. Retrieved September 10, 2016, from http://www.dw.com/en/the-coolest-green-tech-for-2016/g-18964720

The Smart Shower Head that was created by “Hydrao” has created a new way to conserve water through showering. The shower heads purpose is to after using 50 liters of water, the shower head will start to glow. It then will record other water usage after 50 liters. This function is all done without any batteries or extra supply source. This is because all the energy come from the flow of water through the shower head.

The smart showers function will let people know how much water they are really wasting. With more people aware the severe drought we are currently in will greatly improve. With more people aware of how much water needs to be saved than other improvements that relate to conserving water can be done like the water usage on farms and on lawns.

2 thoughts on “Smart Shower Head

1. As someone who enjoys showers and often doesn’t realize how long they have been in there, I think this is an awesome idea! I love how it is both helping with the conservation of water as well as energy in that it doesn’t use any external energy sources. As much as I think this is a great idea, how do you think this will help with incentivize people to actually stop after 50 L and save water?

2. This is a very cool invention! I will definitely be on the look out to purchase one, and will tell all my friends as well. Since we are in a severe drought, changing our daily habits such as shortening our shower times will greatly help in the long run.