Post-Brexit link between UK and EU through environmental policy

Neslen, A. (2016, July 05). UN calls for post-Brexit UK to link with EU on environment policy. Retrieved November 18, 2016, from https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2016/jul/06/un-calls-for-post-brexit-uk-to-link-with-eu-on-environment-policy/

In the aftermath of the Brexit vote the UK is calling for a reevaluation of the country’s environmental legislation. This has lead some to a similar system to that of Norway or Switzerland. Both countries are not a part of the EU, but continue to subscribe to their environmental legislation. The EU has the most inclusive set of environmental regulations and the UK still wishes to benefit from them in particular pollution based.

I was never a big fan of the whole Brexit mess. I have a friend in the UK and all I have heard was that it was a political mess. The fact that they are now looking to the EU for environmental regulation is, quite frankly, pathetic. The fact that a nation got riled up and voted irresponsible is lame and they should have thought before doing something that has them in shambles. It is good that they are continuing to keep the high level of environmental responsibility that the EU put them at, but asking for the EU’s legislation, just shows where their government is at right now.

2 thoughts on “Post-Brexit link between UK and EU through environmental policy

1. Interesting times for the UK to be sure. I can tell you have your opinion about Brexit, careful though. It is in public documents that the EU is a creation of the CIA. Many are urging the break up of the EU to avoid a potential WWIII. But assuming the United States will even allow Britain to exit the EU, because then others may follow suit (Greece, Spain, Italy), how do you think Britain should handle it’s env. policy if they don’t look to the rest of Europe?