Population Curb

1. cook. (2019, August 11). ‘Contraceptive revolution’ needed to curb population growth. Retrieved  August 20, 2019, from https://www.bioedge.org/bioethics/contraceptive-revolution-needed-to-curb-population-growth/13168

Deborah J. Anderson, of Boston university argues that there are too many people in the world and that new different methods need to curb the earth’s population. She says that the earth’s population carrying capacity is only 1.5 through 5 billion people by the end of this century. And that the method of contraception have helped the population stop from growing. She said “ More accessible, effective contraception choices are needed to ensure that all children are planned and wanted. Such advances could significantly reduce population growth to meet realistic goals for sustainable development. “ However, cook the editor said that she does not address the problem of falling population in most of the developing countries like Japan, Korea, and Russia. And that the gap between 5.5 – 7 billion is to wide for contraceptive. As for it would lower down to 35% of the population. 

I think about this article is that she does give good ideas. However, this idea of the contraceptive is a good idea but I feel that it would be hard for a lower class to afford it. I think it would be harder for the lower class to afford because mostly in three class worlds they are the ones who are having many kids. As we see in today’s first class that we are only having one or two kids. So with this article we need to see how to get another method other then the contraceptive method. And I dislike that she didn’t add another source or some back for what she said. In all it does lack of research and in naming new method rather than naming one method.

3 thoughts on “Population Curb

1. I don’t think contraceptive practices are that expensive, even for low-income families. One issue is that some religions/cultures forbid the use of condoms or birth control practices. Unfortunately, one of the consequences is having unplanned children and contributing to overpopulation. If lower classes cannot afford any sort of birth control pills, condoms or the like, what other methods do you think might work?

2. I completely agree with what you are saying and I think it was really good that you were thinking about the difficulties for certain classes. What do you think are some solutions for the countries with a decreasing population?

3. I agree that contraceptive may be too expensive for people in third world countries. Well developed countries like Japan and Korea are having the least kids, while countries like Niger have a birth rate of 7 per woman, which is a bit much. Do you think we will ever find a solution to the population crisis and if so, in what form?