Rapid Global Population

M.R. (2019, July 18). Two centuries of rapid global population growth will come to an end. Retrieved  August 12 , 2019, from https://ourworldindata.org/world-population-growth-past-future

By the 1700’s through the 1800’s the world population was not growing. Bit instead it was slowly increasing by 0.04% per year. However, in the 20 century the population began to change. Millennials began to have more kids which then created more people on earth. This causes the action of being to create a steep on the population graph. With the 7 fold increase of population we began to impact the natural environment causing us to provide space,food, and resource for a larger population that is ahead of us. On the other hand, the population is still growing at a fast pace. Every year 140 million are born and 58 million die. This difference  leaves us with only 82 million. The UN’s projection of 0.1% will decrease the population for 2100. This would be resizable for humanity.  

I really like this article because it involved research from the united nation. This helped the reader see the graph in how we increased and then decreased. However, there is one sentence that gives his opinion. He brings to describe the pros and cons in the graph and gives us feedback. He is descriptive on the charts. Overall, the article gives its points and helps the reader notice what is happening in this world. And the hopes for the future.

5 thoughts on “Rapid Global Population

1. This article is interesting to me too because I always wanted to see how the population began to grow. Ultimately,it is important through the rapid changes everyone is provided with the same resources to help live in the environment.

2. The graph presented by the article you read also indicates a troubling growth of the human population on Earth, which effectively leads to over-crowding, and therefore, not enough natural resources for every human. We (the human race) needs to figure out ways to allow this population growth to be stagnant, or to find the space to adjust for over-crowding. How do you view the issue of population growth as presented in the article’s graph?

3. I also think this article is interesting because I wanted to see how much we began to grow. I think its important that people know the changes and knows how to help live in the environment.

4. I think the idea of a growing population is scary, because at some point we may not be able to feed everyone. We need to figure out a way to make our population growth more sustainable, and we should continue advancing our agriculture technology and infrastructure to ensure that people do not starve. What do you think?

5. I enjoyed, when he describe the pros and cons in the graph and gives us feedback. The charts are also very descriptive and informative.