New report provides roadmap for California to achieve carbon-free transportation

New report provides roadmap for California to achieve carbon-free transportation. (2020, February 25). Retrieved March 7, 2020, from https://environmentcalifornia.org/news/cae/new-report-provides-roadmap-california-achieve-carbon-free-transportation

This article discusses a report produced by the Environment California Research & Policy Center Frontier Group.  The report itself discusses the massive impact that transportation has on global warming. Within the report are goals to achieving carbon zero emissions in California.  These goals include replacing existing cars and buses with lighter electric vehicles, and increasing the amount of people who travel by foot or transit. The report also highlights existing actions being taken to improve the transport system to make it more geared toward electric vehicles.  

Upon reading this article I was very impressed with California’s state government.  This also filled me with pride, and made me glad to be living in a state with such progressive climate policies.  The world is in dire straits right now, and what we need is a large body of people, like California, to take the lead and show the rest of the United States and the world how it’s done.  Although California’s policies aren’t radical enough to enact real change around the world, this will still aid in getting the ball rolling at least in the United States. This article doesn’t mention specifically one environmentally friendly technology, but it does mention programs and procedures set in place to encourage their use throughout the state of California.

2 thoughts on “New report provides roadmap for California to achieve carbon-free transportation

1. I completely agree with you. California has a lot of influence in the United States so if they can get the ball rolling, I think that people will follow. My question is what method is the most effective in reducing carbon emissions?

• I think the most effective method of reducing carbon emissions in California, from a transportation perspective, is to replace all of it with electric vehicles.