Measure Aims to Ramp Up Federal Response to Coral Reef Disasters.

In the House of Representatives, a bill is being talked about that would help save endangered coral reefs. This bill is called the Coral Reef Conservation Reauthorization Act and it was introduced by Congressman Ed Case. This article sheds some light on the importance of coral reefs to our country and the ecosystems found in the oceans surrounding our country. Congressman Case’s act would strengthen federal responses to coral reef emergencies, expand federal grant making for local reef conservation projects, and would authorize the U.S. Coral Reef Task Force and the Coral Reef Management Fellowship.

I was very pleased to read about the federal changes being made to help preserve the coral reefs. While reading this article, I learned a lot about the importance of reefs to our country. Coral reefs help support many American industries such as tourism, hospitality, boating, recreation, and fishing. By passing this bill, many coral reefs would be protected from the effects of climate change, which would also help save many oceanic habitats. It is very important that we help save and restore the coral reefs because they help support a large portion of ocean life.

2 thoughts on “Measure Aims to Ramp Up Federal Response to Coral Reef Disasters.

1. Yay! This is so exciting! I think it is so easy to just get stuck in the negative things that are happening with our world, but there are a lot of people who are focusing so intently on fixing a lot of the problems that need to be fixed.

• Hi Sophie! I was also incredibly excited to learn about all the changes being made to protect our reefs, thank you so much for commenting!