Environmental Cleanup Preparing the Site of High Falls State Park.

In this article, a site of an environmental cleanup is described. The article highlights key points from the clean-up that will aid in the restoration of this beautiful space of wildlife. This is the first of four major cleanups, that will lay a foundation for a future High Falls State Park. The company Rochester Gas & Electric is overseeing this cleanup. The worksite sits on top of old foundations of a gas plant, and coal-fired Beebee station.  

This article illustrated a perfect example of how communities across the country are creating small projects to restore habitats and nature to their original beauty. This park will now create many opportunities for citizens in neighbor communities to experience the beauty of nature. This inspires me to consider restoration projects around me and see how my community is working to restore wildlife. 

2 thoughts on “Environmental Cleanup Preparing the Site of High Falls State Park.

1. Glad this article left you inspired, Sofia. There are lots of good things happening on a local level. I wonder why Rochester Gas & Electric is involved. Out of the goodness of their hearts, or was it more of an obligation… since it involves cleaning up an old fossil fuel site? Did the article say? Or how it’s being done? Do they have to clean up toxins left over from the power plants, or just habitat restoration for the park.

Nice job with this. Next time please include the APA citation.

• Thank you for your comment, I think that the gas company would feel guilty about the old fossil fuel site so they would like to help clean up.