Here’s how many people moved out of California in 2023.

https://www.foxla.com/news/california-population-change-2023 

California is one of the states in America with the most decline in population growth. California has been experiencing a lot of people since 2020. The Reason behind this is because of high taxes, high rent and traffic. A survey by the census shows that a lot of people are unsatisfied with California which is why over 100,000 people have left the state in the course of one year. California has had to deal with many people leaving since the pandemic.

According to the article, the census described that a lot of people are leaving for other states that are close by such as Oregon, Washington and Texas. Many people have been unsatisfied with what has been going on over the past three years. There has been a high rise of rent and food. Many people believe that there are better places to go to to live outside of California. I wonder if California will see these reasons, and want to change the laws that they have implemented about rent, as well as the prices of food. I also wonder if immigration plays a big role in how many people are coming into California. 

2 thoughts on “Here’s how many people moved out of California in 2023.

1. I also wonder if California will actively make a change and lower some of the prices. I feel that if it gets to the point where the amount of people leaving is affecting the amount of money California overall is making, then maybe there will be some decreases. Was this year the most people leaving so far in the past 3 years?

2. Considering the drastic population decrease in recent years it also makes me wonder what changes our state is gonna make to stop the population from decreasing.