How California Regulations Are Polluting The World

Beccaro, T. D. (2017, March 08). How California Regulations Are Polluting The World. Retrieved March 12, 2017, from https://www.forbes.com/sites/thomasdelbeccaro/2017/03/08/how-california-regulations-are-polluting-the-world/#8d636b22fd9f

In this article makes the claim that the intense regulation that California is so famous for could be hurting the environment more than it helps. This idea known as leakage. As more manufacturing jobs leave the highly regulated California to states and countries with less regulation the pollution continues to rise. The more California puts forth policies like the Global Warming Solutions Act of 2006 the more those jobs go to others. The more jobs that are pushed out of California the more pollution that could be produced.
I am very surprised by this article. They bring up some every interesting points about the possibility that pollution is being caused by the harsh regulations of California. It is worth a look to see if the moving of companies from California a major problem when it comes to climate change. I have a feeling that that is a much lower portion of the global production of greenhouse gasses than the article makes it sound. I also feel that if California continues to make regulations the rest of the country will continue to follow.

2 thoughts on “How California Regulations Are Polluting The World

1. I too agree on your last statement. California must continue with its regulations. In my opinion, California has done the most about stopping pollution than any other state.

2. I definitely see the problem and there isn’t much we can do about it. Maybe we need to implement environmental regulations on the federal level, but I think a cheaper source of supply will always be found.