In the Face of a Trump Environmental Rollback, California Stands in Defiance

Leslie, J. (2017, February 21). In the Face of a Trump Environmental Rollback, California Stands in Defiance. Retrieved March 12, 2017, from http://e360.yale.edu/features/in-the-face-of-trump-environmental-rollback-california-stands-in-defiance

In this article it begins with a list of all the environmental regulations that California has put forth throughout the years. Prising all of the improvements we have made, air pollution, building energy conservation, water quality etc. Many of these things are not in line with our new president’s beliefs and has already out the two at odds. While Trump aims to lessen the control of California, while they are taking a new approach. While in the past they relied on the federal government to make regulations they could base thiers off of. Now California will have to fight the federal government to keep the regulations over the country and focus on making their own.
I am so happy that I live in California and that we are such a powerhouse when it comes to technology and environmental reform. While I was willing to give Donald Trump a chance, he has made me too angry and has used up all his chances. When he put Scott Pruitt as head of the EPA I was done and now that he is claiming that CO2 is not a greenhouse gas it just blows my mind. I look forward to the battle between California and the Government, if the Trump administration limits the states then it would be against the republican ideals, states rights.

One thought on “In the Face of a Trump Environmental Rollback, California Stands in Defiance

1. I agree with your sentiments entirely Alex. It will be interesting to see how this plays out. It reminds me of when they wanted to increase the drinking age to 21, which is a state by state decision. The fed. govt said okay, but would only give $billions for highway construction to states that changed the drinking age. Politics. I wonder how CA taking a stand agst the fed govt will go down… hopefully more states will join. I know already lawsuits are in motion over our fuel standards. Interesting times. I can tell you have an informed position Alex and I hope that following your topic this year kept you interested. Thanks for all your work on this.