Sustainable Travel & Ecotourism in California.

“Sustainable Travel & Ecotourism in California.” Sustainable Travel & Ecotourism in California , Frommer’s, 5 Nov. 2022, https://www.frommers.com/destinations/california/planning-a-trip/sustainable-travel–ecotourism. 

The article highlights ways for people who are visiting California to be environmentally friendly. It suggests alternatives to driving such as taking a train, hiking, biking, or horseback riding trips, and taking a bus to Yosemite National Park. The article also mentions restaurants in San Francisco that use only organic food and the Orchard Garden Hotel which is the only hotel in the state that meets the standards for green buildings. They provide tips for eco-friendly accommodations and travel.

This article spreads awareness of the effects tourism has on the environment and highlights the importance of switching to more environmentally friendly methods of travel. The article suggests many alternate transportation methods and restaurants for travelers. Overall this article relates to environmental science because it shows people the importance of traveling eco-friendly. 

3 thoughts on “Sustainable Travel & Ecotourism in California.

1. I agree that tourism has large effects on the environment. I like that the article suggests many alternate transportation methods and restaurants for travelers. I was wondering the article mentioned any obstacles for the alternate transportation and if not, if you could think of any?

2. Thank you for reading! Using public transportation like buses, trains, and subways can be a greener option than driving or taking an uber/taxi. Additionally, if applicable walking or biking is always an option.

3. This is super interesting! I had no idea ecotourism was a thing and I think that the ways suggested are so helpful to the environment. I think even small things like this make a difference because it becomes a big thing when you realize how many tourists there are. Do you know if this is specific to California or they do this often in other states as well?