Why it’s so important for the US to avoid a shrinking population.

CNN Politics. (2023, January 19).

https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/19/politics

The US will have states that will shrink in terms of population. New data has come out that shows that immigration has risen up again in the last year which, for the US population is a good thing. Because of economic factors in immigration restrictions in the last couple of years, we’ve had a decrease in population, but in recent years we’ve had a spike in the population. Many people believe that the population realizes a lot more on immigrants because Americans are having for their children, but all of this correlates back to the economics of the country.

The article goes over the many different factors as to how many Americans are no longer having children and then he believes that is because of the recession that happened in 2007-2009 and many others believe that it is because of Covid. The article also goes over as to why some state populations are shrinking and growing. States like Florida and Texas have been attracting a lot more domestic migrants for economic reasons. People are afraid that the population will decrease as the years go by, but it is said that the population will continue to rise, but just very slowly. I wonder if people want more people in the United States. I also wonder why many white Americans are no longer having children, but there’s still a Rison population from Latino and Asian communities.

4 thoughts on “Why it’s so important for the US to avoid a shrinking population.

1. This is so interesting. I thought that the US was only overpopulating, so it is so cool seeing this different perspective. I was unaware less people were having children, and I think that while it can be good for there to be less people and more resources, it can also be worrisome. I was wondering how does this connect back to the economy?

2. This seems so contrary to what you always hear about massively rising populations, and how people have to have fewer kids. What do you think can be done to incentivize people to start having more kids again?

• This is a funny question, I honestly have no idea what an incentive could be to make people have more kids, personally, I would want people to adopt children instead of having more. But maybe we could offer to pay for most of the medical bills when people give birth to their children, this way people are less hesitant to have them. Thanks for your question!