Smart Fridge

(www.dw.com), D. W. (n.d.). The coolest green tech for 2016 | All media content | DW.COM | 07.01.2016. Retrieved November 20, 2016, from http://www.dw.com/en/the-coolest-green-tech-for-2016/g-18964720

The new Smart Fridge is the similar size to any regular size refrigerator. However, this fridge displays a large touch screen on the right hand side of the two doors. The Smart Fridge also has a camera that shows inside pointing towards the food. The camera records the images and it can be displayed on the front of the refrigerator without opening it. It also connect to an app that is accessible to while running errands or not in the house.  A Barcode scanner then scans the specific item you select and it will directly send you the expiration date from your phone.

Food Waste is a big problem and is commonly not dealt with properly. Food Waste not put in the compost will not be able to decompose and turn into the soil for the Earth. This problem of not putting food waste into the correct place can be completely avoided with the Smart Fridge’s innovative way of putting a camera inside. While being out and not knowing what needs to be bought and what doesn’t, can greatly help over buying a product and not using it because there is too much. The Smart Fridge can greatly reduce Food Waste altogether.

4 thoughts on “Smart Fridge

1. I find this Smart Fridge absolutly fascinating! I often feel like I open up my fridge just to look at the food I have, even if I am not hungry. With the camera that captures a picture of the food inside could possibly save a lot of energy! Also the fact that this fridge has a barcode scanner will really prevent food from being wasted since its such an environmental issue that we face.

2. Although it does help with food waste, do you think that with increased usage, the energy required to power electronics like these will trump the food waste issue?